It is hard for curly hair women to fix their hair better on parties, school events, etc. because it requires many time-consuming steps, and the result is always more or less vain. This article will provide you with information on how to style your curly hair wig in easy steps so that you can get the unique look you want anytime, anywhere, without any fuss.
What Type of Curly Wigs Exist?
Several wigs are available for curly hair women, ranging from lace front wigs, lace closure wigs, v part wigs,headband wigs and so on. Each type has its features and benefits. You should choose one according to your need, budget and desire.
Different Types of Curly Wigs Lace Front Wig:
The lace front wig has a sheer lace material that extends from the hairline over the forehead, down the sides, and then to the nape of the neck. This type of curly wigs provides better coverage as compared to other types. It covers 100% of your head from the front, back, and top because you don't have to attach it with an adhesive or clips or glue or a toupee tape, etc.; this makes it more natural-looking as well as saves time too. It also looks good on women with fine hair because your hair can be seen through its thin base, making it appear real.
Silk Top Lace Front Wig:
This type of curly wigs is made of 100% human hair whose top portion has been hand-tied with a sheer lace material which creates the appearance of natural hair growth where the knots are pulled so tight that there are no visible signs of knots at all, thus enabling you to have more options for styling your silk top curly wig according to your desire. You can comb or brush this type of wigs easily without any fear of tangling.
Human Hair Silk Top Lace Front Wig:
This type generally contains Brazilian virgin human hair, Indian virgin human hair, etc.; it has a stronger foundation than silk top, lace front wig because its knot foundation is thicker and tighter to last longer. The hair of each strand is hand-tied on a sheer lace material which makes it look real and natural like your own hair because you don't have to apply tape or glue or any other adhesive and comb and brush this type of wigs easily without fear of breaking the strands; you can curl, dye, wash them as per your desire.
This type of curly wigs is made from 100% synthetic fiber like Swiss lace wig (high quality), French lace wig (medium quality), Italian Biagio synthetic fiber (low quality). It consists of short length curly synthetic fibers that are layered by a hot ironing machine in such a way that they appear more natural and soft, but this process cannot be done to produce the same texture each time; because of this reason, synthetic wigs are not available in all-natural colors. If you want a curly wig made from synthetic fiber, purchase one made from Swiss or French lace. It is thick and dense and has a layered length; the less density in any type of fiber, the more it will feel like plastic on your head.
Lace Front Wig:
This type of curly wig consists of short-length fibers that are cut into layers then hot ironed with a special heat-resistant material that allows them to become soft looking and gives them volume so that you can style it according to your desire. Due to its short length, this type of wigs is not very preferred by women who want longer locks.
How To Style Your Curly Hair Wig?
- Curled wig into large, loose curls: You can brush it out and roll it up on foam curlers if your hair is long enough. Please leave them in for at least an hour or overnight to ensure they are correctly set. When you take them out, you will have big waves and curls which look lovely and natural.
- Curl your wig with a curling iron: Take some leave-in conditioner first, apply it from root to tip, then blow-dry the roots only with a diffuser to reduce the volume until it is about 80% dry. Pre-poo with coconut oil or olive oil for 5 minutes before applying heat protectant all over your real hair, especially if it's relaxed or color-treated.
- You should curl your wig just like how you would do it with your natural hair. Use a clamp curling iron to tighter and use a smaller barrel size for loose waves or big curls. Apply heat protectant all over your natural hair, especially if it's relaxed or color-treated.
- Get out of bed looking lovely by going to sleep with a soft scarf tied around your curler rollers before sleeping. That way, when you wake up, all you have to do is shake them down and pin them into place, then add some setting spray and blend in any flyaways/edges with concealer only where needed after applying foundation.
- Wear large rollers overnight, put them in tightly and sleep on a satin pillow. In the morning, take them out. Shake your hair down and shape it with a curling iron to give you soft curls all over, or take a smaller clipper or wand and curl just the top section of hair for a more natural finish.
- Curl your wig into large rollers. If natural hair is long enough, brush it out, then roll from root to tip onto foam curlers. Please leave them in for at least an hour or overnight to ensure that they are set correctly, then take them out to have big waves and curls which look lovely and natural. If not, use a clamp curling iron to tighter with a smaller barrel size for loose waves or big curls.